Monday 10 May 2010

Menu Plan Monday

I don't know when I last did a Menu Plan Monday, the end of March maybe? What with getting stuck in America and then jet lag, the last few weeks have been a bit hectic! But I'm back and planning. I'd say its helping to keep costs down but its not really, I usually go shopping after work and I'm always hungry then, and tend to come back with more things than were on my list. I have good intentions, just awful willpower! This is one of the meals I ate last week, which is typical of a meal after a late night at work. Hummus, Feta and Pesto Frittata, Cherry Tomatoes, Salami, Cheese, Olives and Pitta Chips, easy and quick after arriving home from work at 8.45pm.



I did at least have a productive weekend, a couple of friends came over and helped me plant some pretty things in my flower border, and put together my raised veg bed surround, so I can start growing some courgettes! I also planted spring onions too.

This weeks Menu Plan Monday is all about trying out new things and I am definitely looking forward to the Paprika Chicken with pasta on Saturday, although its appeared on my plan a number of times and I still haven't yet got around to trying it! I am also really looking forward to trying the Scandinavian Kitchen on Wednesday, the menu on the website looks really good.

Sunday
Lunch: Sausage Sandwich
Dinner: Baked Sea Bass with greens and Jasmine Rice

Monday
Lunch: Cauliflower Cheese and Spinach Pasta Bake, Salad
Dinner: Fishfinger Sandwich with Rocket

Tuesday
Lunch: Smoked Haddock, Rocket and Rice Salad with Vinaigrette
Dinner: Something Quick

Wednesday
Lunch: Out with a friend to the Scandinavian Kitchen
Dinner: Cheesy Swiss Bake

Thursday
Lunch: Pasta Salad with Mushrooms, Asparagus, Salami, Pine Nuts etc
Dinner: Pork Fajita

Friday
Lunch: Salad with Salami and Cheese
Dinner: Out with a friend

Saturday
Lunch: Salami and Cheese Sandwich
Dinner: Paprika Chicken and Pasta

1 comment:

  1. I totally hear you about planning not always keeping the budget in control!

    I'm really curious about the cauliflower and spinach bake so I've bookmarked that to try - not sure about the blue cheese tho'! ;) Great ideas, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete